Somewhere on A1A...

Thursday, July 24, 2003


Mad Mel

I'm looking forward to what else Diana has to say about Mel Gibson's controversial movie project The Passion. But for now she's posted what a few Biblical scholars have to say about it. For those of you, like me, who are a bit uneasy about the film, this will make you moreso.

The ADL has this to say.

Here's more...

Update... I Found more at Orcinus that's well worth the time to read. Here's a bit from a Playboy interview that Orcinus posted:

PLAYBOY: So you can't accept that we descended from monkeys and apes?

GIBSON: No, I think it's bullshit. If it isn't, why are they still around? How come apes aren't people yet? It's a nice theory, but I can't swallow it. There's a big credibility gap. The carbon dating thing that tells you how long something's been around, how accurate is that, really? I've got one of Darwin's books at home and some of that stuff is pretty damn funny. Some of his stuff is true, like that the giraffe has a long neck so it can reach the leaves. But I just don't think you can swallow the whole piece.



Home

free hit counter