Somewhere on A1A...

Monday, July 29, 2002


The discussion is under three different headlines so I didn't pick one permalink to point you to, but you should go see Charles Johnson, over at lgf, for an interesting discussion he's had going with the surprise appearance of a pseudo-journalist from the Arab News, John Bradley, in his comments section. It's a shame the exchange was so short lived. Most of us are longing for a meaningful dialogue with someone, someplace in the Arab World. I keep hearing the term "Moderate Arabs" tossed around, but I don't know who they are, what they believe, or how they really think. But I doiubt that discussion will ever happen.

It's not that I think the Arab News is a font of Moderate Arab Thought, but I had hopes that Mr. Bradley, as a Brit, might at least be able to provide a moderate Arab viewpoint on a variety of issues. Sadly he declined. Once again I am left with the feeling that there really is no moderate Arab thought.




Home

free hit counter